Sunday 9 November 2014

Brown named player of the championship

Share it Please
Brown named player of the championship


Brown, who scored four tries as England narrowly missed out on the title, secured 34% of the public vote from a shortlist of 16 players.
Accepting the award, he said: "I'd like to say a massive thank you to everyone who voted for me. I'm extremely grateful and proud to win this award, particularly as it's decided by the supporters.
"It was disappointing not to win the tournament overall but congratulations to Ireland, and I'm sure we'll come back stronger next season.
"Finally a big thank you to all my team-mates, backroom staff, and coaches for all the help they've given me through the tournament. I couldn't perform on the field without them and it's great to have that support."
Stuart Lancaster added: "Congratulations to Mike for winning this accolade. He's been consistently strong for us throughout the competition and put in some outstanding performances. 

"I am very proud of what Mike and the whole squad - players, coaches and management - have achieved this Six Nations. We are really looking forward to building on this as we head to New Zealand in the summer for our tour." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Follow The Author