Tuesday 11 November 2014

Sharks sign Ben Barba on three-year deal

Share it Please
It's official - Cronulla have signed Ben Barba on a three year NRL deal.
The former Dally M Medallist is Sharks-bound after securing a release from the final two seasons of his Brisbane Broncos contract.
He is expected to slot into the five-eighth vacancy created by Todd Carney's axing.
"I'm sure Sharks fans will be really excited about watching Benny play," Sharks coach Shane Flanagan said.
"He has flair, x-factor and try scoring ability, but it's not just about the tries he scores, it's the tries he creates and the opportunities he provides for others.

"Our attack is an area we need to improve. I've focused a lot of my recruitment around that and Benny fits perfectly into the team I'm trying to build."
Barba is expected to start training at Cronulla within the next week.
"I realise I am a professional sportsman and must go where the work is to support and provide for my young family although it is unfortunate I have had to leave the Brisbane Broncos after just one year," Barba said in a statement.
"I am grateful to Shane and the Sharks board for providing me with this opportunity to join their club."
Barba had been tipped to sign with Cronulla after returning Broncos coach Wayne Bennett told the playmaker he could not guarantee him a start in the 2015 season.
"We want to thank Ben for all the efforts he put in over the past year in what was a very long and tough season," Broncos CEO Paul White said.
Barba has scored 80 tries in a total of 122 NRL games after making his debut for the Bulldogs in 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Follow The Author